Thursday, February 16, 2012

I am getting ready to go on a short road trip

I am headed out tomorrow to one of my favorite places. It is the Kingdom of Edisto. I will look for rare sea treasures to send to Arabella to fashion her most prized invitates with. Only the richest of brides can afford these so it will be of great benefit to Arabella. I will be taking my dear friend, Tawanda with me. She also suffers from horrible headaches so I try to take her to the peaceful seaside when I can so she can languish in the salt air and listen to the sea breeze. It can be healing in itself. It is a short 1 hour or so drive from my kingdom and I will be driving my miniature house so we will have a nice warm place to camp. We are far too old to be staying in a tent. We also need the comfort of a stove as we are far too fat to go hungry for very long. You know one gets used to certain things and eating is one of these things. They have no french orange donuts here- or anything even close to them so we will have to improvise.- with cookies, cakes and such. I hear they may be selling Girl Scout cookies at the local market. There is a local market that we pass that has home made key lime pie if they are open. They also have a pluff mud pie that is to die for. It is a seasonal market so it is probably closed this time of year. It is seasonal for fruits and veggies- these treats are just extras that they carry.We will partake in some local seafood while we are there- shrimp. UMMMMMMWe have caught blue crabs before when camping with Lady Sunshine and her family. The grandboys love to crab. It is an art that I was taught as a child by Queen Gertrude and King Carldean (our parents). You must tie a chicken neck to a string and weight it down. Toss it out during low tide and wait for a crab to start nibbling on it. SLOWLY pull the line in and net the crab. What a feast these make.

No comments:

Post a Comment